- Is for college sophomores, juniors, seniors or recent graduates. Priority consideration will be given to pipeline participants.
- Is a ten-week program.
- Is designed to provide a research enrichment experience and some exposure to clinical or dental medicine.
- Is for students who are interested in a career in medicine, dental medicine or biomedical research and for applicants who have completed some college coursework in biology and chemistry (preferably through organic chemistry).
- Is devoted to approximately 30 hours per week of work on a research project and 10 hours per week to required clinical experiential.
- Provides housing and a stipend.
A faculty sponsor is identified for each student. Faculty develops and makes available suitable project descriptions.
The student contacts his/her faculty sponsor in April or May and develops a research protocol.
Minority Access to Research Careers (MARC) students are encouraged to apply.
University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, CT 06030-3920