WUStL’s Division of Biology & Biomedical Sciences and the Medical Scientist Training Program, including
· 10 weeks of independent research in a lab located at WUStL, WUStL School of Medicine, or the Missouri Botanical Garden
· Weekly journal clubs and scientific seminars
· Workshops on career development, ethics, presentation skills and scientific writing
· Mock Interviews and individualized career advising
· Presentation of work at a summer-ending research symposium.
· Community service project
· $4,000 stipend for the summer. We provide housing at no cost, so that is $4,000 cash money, in the participant’s pocket
· Travel covered to and from St. Louis
· Travel funds to present work at scientific meeting
· A genuine MCAT or GRE prep course. This is not a workshop, but a full-blown course taught on weekends by a professional test prep company. Students keep the materials and have access to the test bank for a year. This is provided atno cost to the student.
CD-BioRAP are limited to US citizens & permanent residents; CD-BioRAP do not require prior research experience. Please note that all programs are aimed at individuals who are seriously committed to careers in research and plan to earn a PhD or MD-PhD. Individuals interested solely in medical careers should not apply. Participants in these programs have gone on to the best PhD and MSTP programs in the country, including Stanford, UCSF, WUStL, Chicago, Hopkins, Penn, Cornell, Yale, Harvard, etc.
Medical Scientist Training Program,