The purpose of the Centers of Excellence (COE) Scholars Program is to educate and train African American students in research methods and to provide opportunities for them to participate in basic and clinical research. The ultimate goal is to increase the number of minorities in biomedical research where they remain underrepresented.
Selected students will be in the program up to 3 years (P1-P3 years). They will work with their faculty mentor up to 10 hours a week during the fall and spring and full-time for 8 weeks during the summer.
Xavier University’s College of Pharmacy has been designated a Centers of Excellence in recognition of training approximately 25% of the African American pharmacists in the United States since 1927.
- Starting at $11.00 per hour
- $1,000 Travel (Workshop, Meeting, and/or Conference)
- Supplies are provided for Training and Research
- Must be a full-time student enrolled in the entry level Pharm. D. program at Xavier University.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
Every academic year students are selected into the program based on their academic record, application and interview with the selection committee and/or faculty member.
College of Pharmacy, 1 Drexel Drive
New Orleans, LA 70125-1098