The goal of the certificate program is to prepare students to be competitive applicants for medical, dental, veterinary, optometry, and pharmacy professional school. The program provides the required and recommended course work for post-baccalaureate students from non-science majors. The program is based on a cohort structure and is designed to be completed in 4 semesters.
In addition, the program provides advising support for many issues related to the health professions and assistance with obtaining clinical experience. On-campus standardized test preparation courses may be available from commercial vendors at a discounted fee
Announcement: Our program now has a limited number of positions open for academic finishers who have completed at least one year of General Chemistry and one year of General Biology. This would require a minimum number of 20 units to be completed at CSUF.
Also due to the time constraints for timely receipt of official transcripts, we now require all transcripts to be uploaded in a PDF format to http://www.jotform.com/hppostbac/cohort5. However, please be aware that Admissions and Records will still require official paper copies.
Admission is competitive and will be based on number of factors including (but not limited to) GPA, grade in the required chemistry class or a passing score on the Chemistry Placement Exam (CPE) and essays. Students who are economically and/or educationally disadvantaged should indicate this in their application.
- Applicants must have completed an introductory chemistry course (such as Chem. 115) with at least a grade of a (B) or higher or obtained a passing score on the Chemistry Placement Exam (http://www.fullerton.edu/testing/cpe.htm).
- Applicants who are in the process of taking the pre-requisite chemistry will be considered for a “conditional acceptance” as long as the course is completed by June 15 of the current year.
- Acceptable bachelor’s degree in a non-science based discipline from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Minimum grade point average of at least 3.0 in the last 60 semester units attempted. Applicant must be in good standing at last college attended.
- The applicant will need to submit two applications to be considered for the Pre-Health Professions Program: A program application and the CSU graduate application form. A program application fee of $75 is required along with the required CSU $55 application fee.
Under no circumstances will any coursework be credited towards the Pre-Health Professions certificate program requirements. Upon acceptance or conditional acceptance, the applicant will be required to submit a $500 non-refundable deposit to hold their seat in the program which will be credited towards the first semester fees.
The Health Professions Advising Office
Health Professions Advising Office, Pre-Health Certificate Program,Cohort 2010-2012,UH 223
Fullerton, CA 92834
Phone: (657) 278-3561