Purpose: to increase the number of historically underrepresented students who enroll in and complete undergraduate or graduate programs leading to professional licensure or to careers in mathematics, science, technology (MST), and health related fields.
CSTEP provides academic enrichment and research experience in STEM content areas. Projects consist of academic year and summer components including:
- Supervised training in research methods
- Graduate/professional school admissions preparation
- Standardized tests preparation
- Academic and career development activities
CSTEP serves undergraduate, graduate or professional school students admitted to IHE’s at two or four-year institutions in New York State.
Students must be:
- New York state resident
- African-American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaskan native
- Economically disadvantaged (Institutions must assure that no more than 20% of all CSTEP students are concurrently enrolled in a state-funded opportunity program)
Please contact the program administrator for more details on dates, deadlines and eligibility.
Suite 013 Hagedorn Hall
Hempstead, NY 11549-1190
Phone: 516- 463-5780/6297
Fax: 516- 463-5639