Purpose: to increase the number of historically underrepresented students who enroll in and complete undergraduate or graduate programs leading to professional licensure or to careers in mathematics, science, technology (MST), and health related fields.
CSTEP provides academic enrichment and research experience in science, mathematics and technology content areas. Projects consist of academic year and summer components including:
– Supervised training in research methods
– Graduate/professional school admissions preparation Standardized tests preparation
– Academic and career development activities
CSTEP serves undergraduate, graduate or professional school students admitted to IHE’s at two or four-year institutions in New York State.
Students must be:
– New York State residents;
– Economically disadvantaged; or
– Black, Hispanic, Alaskan Native or
– Native American Indian; and
– Enrolled in MST or licensure qualifying programs
Please contact the program administrator for more details on dates and deadlines.