CSTEP is a grant-funded program sponsored by the New York State Department of Education. The purpose is to increase and support the number of talented underrepresented students in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines and health-related professions.
The program provides supportive services, enriching learn-shops, resources, and activities for students who are majoring in qualifying areas or disciplines which lead to licensed professions or certification by the Board of Regents.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Full-time Buffalo State undergraduates majoring in a STEM discipline, licensed or health-related professions
- New York State resident
- 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- Member of a group that has been traditionally underrepresented (African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaskan native)
- Economically disadvantaged