The Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) is a grant-funded program sponsored by the New York State Department of Education to support talented underrepresented students pursuing science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), licensed professions and health-related professions. CSTEP offers key preparation, resources and opportunities critical to student success.
Established in 1987, our enrollment averages 295 students each year. CSTEP has fostered exemplary achievements by preparing and supporting students, who are now doctors, engineers, pharmacists, lawyers, nurses, as well as other STEM and licensed professionals. If you are interested in pursuing a career in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) or one of the 47 professions licensed by the State of New York, we want to meet you.
To be eligible for CSTEP you must be:
- US citizen or Permanent Resident
- A New York State resident
- Enrolled full time at UB (You may apply to CSTEP at any time during your college career.)
- African-American, Latino/Hispanic American, Alaskan Native, Native American OR economically disadvantaged as defined by New York State income guidelines
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Pursuing a licensed profession, health-related profession or a career in Science, Technological, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)