Increase the number of students from under-represented groups who are pursuing professional licensure and careers in mathematics, science, technology and health-related fields.
For a list of Professions Licensed, Registered, or Certified by the Board of Regents please visit the Office of Professions.
- CSTEP provides academic enrichment and research experience in STEM content areas.
- Projects consist of academic year and summer components including:
- Supervised training in research methods
- Graduate/professional school admissions preparation
- Standardized tests preparation
- Academic and career development activities
- competitive grants are awarded to postsecondary institutions and/or professional schools; over 50 colleges and universities in New York State currently participate
- New York state resident
- African-American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaskan native
- Economically disadvantaged (Institutions must assure that no more than 20% of all CSTEP students are concurrently enrolled in a state-funded opportunity program)
Please contact the program administrator for details on dates, eligibility and deadlines.
Director of Opportunity Programs
Collegiate Development Programs Unit
Albany, NY 12234
Phone: (518) 486-6042