As a student participant, you will:
- Work as a research assistant to a UC San Diego faculty member for at least 10 hours per week during winter and spring quarters (FMP is not available during summer and fall quarters)
- Participate in a research project designed and supervised by a faculty mentor in conjunction with your research interests
- Receive 4 units of independent study credit each quarter
- Learn how to write a research proposal and paper
- Receive graduate school and fellowship information
- Present your research at the annual Faculty Mentor Program Research Symposium at the end of the academic year
Juniors and seniors who have both an interest in research and a minimum GPA of 2.7 are eligible for the Faculty Mentor Program. All students who complete the FMP application and meet the eligibility requirements may participate, if a suitable research placement can be arranged.