Each summer, twenty students are selected from a nationwide competition to join SRTP. Each student is assigned to a specific MGH laboratory, clinical site, health policy, or health services research area where they undertake an original research project under the mentorship and guidance of a Mass General Hospital (MGH) investigator. Assignments are carefully considered and are made with the student’s research and career interests in mind. In addition to this unique research experience, students will gain knowledge through weekly didactic seminars, both at the MGH and at Harvard Medical School, attend career development workshops and networking event, and have opportunities for clinical shadowing.
The Summer Research Trainee Program is a mandatory nine week program, running from Monday, June 5 to Thursday, August 3, 2017. Students are paired with an MGH faculty preceptor who provides guidance and mentorship in a new or ongoing research project.
- Attend a full day orientation on Monday, June 5, 2017
- Prepare an abstract of the research project
- Prepare an oral presentation of their work at the completion of the program
- Attend mandatory, weekly didactic seminars
- Participate in career development workshops, including “armchair rounds” with hospital leaders
- Complete all program, hospital and occupational health requirements (e.g. proof of health insurance, vaccinations)
Attn’ Summer Research Trainee Program
Multicultural Affairs Office,
Boston, MA 02114
Fax: (617) 724-6591