The goal of Berkeley Optometry's Opto-Camp is to introduce underrepresented and first-generation pre-health science majors to Optometry as a potential future career track and to prepare them to be successful applicants to optometry school. The objective of Berkeley Optometry's Opto-Camp is to present a three-day in residence experience that will provide participants with opportunities to learn about the profession of optometry and the process of becoming an optometrist. There is a $125 program fee and a limited number of scholarships to waive the program fee per session, as demonstrated by financial need.
- Preferential consideration will be given to those applicants who will be entering into their senior year of college in the fall of 2016, then to those who will be juniors, and then to those who will be sophomores.
- We will also consider applications from those who have already completed their undergraduate studies.
- Out-of-State prospective Opto-Campers are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
- A declared, or anticipated, major in the Sciences is preferred, but not required.
- Preferential consideration will be given to applicants who are the first in their family to pursue post-high school education.
- Preferential consideration will also be given to applicants who have a 2.8, or higher, cumulative GPA.
- Participation will be capped at 40 Opto-Campers.
- We do not consider applications from high school students.
Admissions and Student Affairs Office, 380 Minor Hall
Berkeley, California 94720-2020