Welcome to the Summer Biomedical Training Program at UMBC, where undergraduates interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in biomedical or behavioral science get a faculty mentored research experience.
- Research experiences for all U.S. citizens and permanent residents interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in biomedical or behavioral science.
- Cross-disciplinary research experience in biological sciences, biochemistry, chemistry, mechanical engineering, psychology, chemical and biochemical engineering and physics.
- Ten-week research experience with energetic faculty in state-of-the-art facilities.
- On-campus housing
- GRE preparation
- Graduate education workshops
- Participation in Annual Summer Research Festival
Students who are interested in participating in the program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Interest in pursuing a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. in the biomedical or behavioral sciences
- Completion of Freshman or junior year undergraduate studies
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Application Process
Please contact the program administrator for details on dates, eligibility and deadlines.