Health P.A.S.S. is geared toward rising sophomores and juniors from populations underrepresented in medicine and health care, including under-represented minority, low-income and/or first-generation college students. The program provides participants with perspectives on what it is like to be a student in osteopathic medicine, podiatric medicine, physical therapy, and physician assistant studies. DMU covers all costs for participants, including housing, meals, and transportation. Enrollment is limited to 12 students
In order to be considered for Health P.A.S.S. at Des Moines University, students must complete and submit all pieces of the application:
- Application for Health P.A.S.S.
- Health P.A.S.S. application essay questions
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Parents’ (or most recent) Federal Tax Returns (if identifying as economically disadvantaged)
- Letter of recommendation from a science or mathematics professor
- A second letter of recommendation from a college/university professor from whom you have taken a class.
Ideal applicants will have completed the following course work prior to attending Health P.A.S.S.:
- 8 hours of biology
- 8 hours of chemistry
- 3 hours of English/speech/composition
- 3.0 minimum science/overall gpa
Director of Admissions & Recruitment
Admissions Office, 3200 Grand Ave
Des Moines, IA 50312