Students selected for summer research at UC San Francisco spend up to ten weeks working with UCSF faculty members on research projects. Participants in the program take part in seminars, lectures, and social events, creating a cohesive and supportive community. At the end of the program, students give presentations of their research and get valuable feedback from students, postdocs, and faculty at UCSF.
- Be a currently-enrolled undergraduate student. (We cannot accept students who will have earned their bachelor’s degree by the end of the spring 2017 quarter.)
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a desire to pursue a PhD in one of the disciplines offered by the UCSF Graduate Division in life/health sciences listed below.
- Have completed at least four semesters or six quarters of undergraduate study prior to the beginning of the Summer Program.
- Be able to participate for the entirety of the program. (Dates for the 2017 program are 5.30.17 – 8.2.17; housing move in date is Sunday 5.28.17; move out date is Friday 8.4.17)
- Read more about what will make you a strong candidate.
Summer Research Training Program, 1675 Owens Street
San Francisco, CA 94143-0523