The SRTP provides research opportunities in the biomedical and biological sciences. Students are supported in these programs by funds from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Genentech, the University of California Office of the President, and UCSF Graduate Division.
In addition to daily research, students also participate in:
- Seminars on scientific and professional development
- Journal talks
- A GRE preparation course (optional)
- Small group meetings and activities
- Social and cultural events
- Oral and poster presentations
- Be a currently-enrolled undergraduate student. (We cannot accept students who will have earned their bachelor's degree by the end of the spring 2016 quarter.)
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a desire to pursue a PhD in one of the disciplines offered by the UCSF Graduate Division in life/health sciences listed below.
- Have completed at least four semesters or six quarters of undergraduate study prior to the beginning of the Summer Program.
- Be able to participate for the entirety of the program. (The 2016 program will run May 31 – Aug 3.)
- Read more about what will make you a strong candidate.