The purpose of the summer research training program is to identify and encourage highly qualified junior or senior undergrads as well as medical students to do bench, clinical or health services research in pediatrics. The program is designed specifically for students seeking research opportunities at the University of Rochester for 10 weeks during our summer program. Students choose or are matched with leading research laboratories at the University of Rochester. Each student receives a stipend of $3000 for the 10 week program.
- Applicants must have completed their junior or senior year by May 2014, or be enrolled in medical school in good standing at the time of the application.
- Applicants must be a United States Citizen or a Permanent Resident of the United States (for tax and payroll purposes).
- A Curriculum Vitae must accompany all applications.
- Accommodations can be made to fit medical student schedules.
- Previous applicants are eligible.
Students are selected by the SCRC Directors. The actual selection is made on the basis of an assessment of the student's application, two faculty recommendations and the student's transcript(s). The students who wish to apply can review the online Directory of Investigators on our website.
The directory is updated annually beginning in late fall. Every effort is made to place students with one of the laboratories/programs of their choice. Questions can be directed to the Program Coordinator.
Dawn L. Smith
URMC, Department of Pediatrics, Strong Children's Research Center
Rochester, NY 14642