- an intensive research experience to include state-of-the-art experimental methodology.
- weekly topics course that gives a broad exposure to biomedical sciences.
- social events to foster interaction and sense of community.
- an opportunity to attend and present at the National NIH-Merial Symposium at the National Institutes of Health in Washington D.C.
- interactive field trips and social events with scholars of the Oklahoma State Veterinary Research Scholars Program
- field trips to local and regional research institutions
- completed at least one year of Veterinary School, have been accepted into Veterinary School or are part of an MU guaranteed admissions program (Pre-Vet or Ag Scholar)
- are interested in exploring research
- maintained a GPA of 2.5 or better
- are not currently enrolled in a DVM/PhD or DVM/MS program