The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) and Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Products, Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., announce the ADEA/Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Products Preventive Dentistry Scholarships. The purpose of these scholarships is to support predoctoral dental students who have demonstrated academic excellence in preventive dentistry.
Each scholarship recipient will have $2,500 applied to tuition and fees for predoctoral dental study. Twelve predoctoral dental students will receive ADEA/Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Products Preventive Dentistry Scholarships each year. Every dental school dean may nominate up to three students from his or her school. All applications from each dental school must be cleared by and sent from the dean’s office, to ensure that no more than three nominations are submitted from each school. (Applications sent individually by the applicant will not be considered.)
An applicant must:
• be enrolled at a U.S. dental school as a full-time student at the time of submission
• demonstrate through personal activities and achievements a strong interest in preventive dentistry
• possess a superior academic record
• be nominated by the dean of his or her dental school or the dean’s designate (no more than three nominations are accepted from each school)
• be an ADEA Individual Member
The nominating dean may choose to include relevant information regarding financial need. The ADEA selection committee may use financial need as an eligibility requirement or to choose among equally qualified applicants.
Other Restrictions*All applications must be sent directly from the Dean�s office. *The completed application must be signed by one of the following: � Dental school dean � Academic dean
ADEA Awards, Fellowships and Scholarships
1400 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005