Carol Bauhs Benson Scholarship is established in the memory of Carol Bauhs Benson.
The primary focus of the program is to provide financial assistance to dental hygiene students and dental hygienists who can demonstrate a commitment to further the discipline of dental hygiene through academic achievement, professional excellence, and a desire to improve the public’s overall health.
The applications are available October 1 of each year; the deadline for Institute Scholarship applications is February 1. All students who meet the requirements listed under the “Eligibility” section of the website are encouraged to apply. Award recipients will be notified after July 1.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited dental hygiene program in the United States
- Completed a minimum of one year in a dental hygiene curriculum. Students entering their first year of dental hygiene school are not eligible; students may be in the process of completing their first year when application is submitted.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- A full-time student during the academic year for which you are applying
- Must be an active member or student member of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA).
- Graduate students must hold an active dental hygiene license and hold the minimum of a baccalaureate degree
- Not Applicable
Must be enrolled in an accredited dental hygiene program in the United States and be a student in the 2012-2013 academic year to apply for the scholarship.
This funding opportunity requires applicants to hold U.S. Citizenship.