Karla Girts Memorial Community Outreach Scholarship –is sponsored by Procter & Gamble in memory of Karla Girts, BSDH, RDH, past president of ADHA and former Chair of ADHA Institute for Oral Health.
The primary focus of the program is to provide financial assistance to dental hygiene students and dental hygienists who can demonstrate a commitment to further the discipline of dental hygiene through academic achievement, professional excellence, and a desire to improve the public’s overall health.
The applications are available October 1 of each year; the deadline for Institute Scholarship applications is February 1. All students who meet the requirements listed under the “Eligibility” section of the website are encouraged to apply. Award recipients will be notified after July 1.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited dental hygiene program in the United States
- Completed a minimum of one year in a dental hygiene curriculum. Students entering their first year of dental hygiene school are not eligible; students may be in the process of completing their first year when application is submitted.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- A full-time student during the academic year for which you are applying
- Must be an active member or student member of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA).
- Graduate students must hold an active dental hygiene license and hold the minimum of a baccalaureate degree
There are 2 scholarships available; Applicants will display a commitment to improving oral health within the geriatric population in addition to a cumulative grade point average equal to or above 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; Applicant must be pursuing an Associate, Baccalaureate or degree completion program.
This funding opportunity requires applicants to hold U.S. Citizenship.
Director of Scholarships
444 North Michigan Avenue
Suite # 3400
Chicago, IL 60611
Phone: (312) 440-8904