Sigma Phi Alpha Undergraduate Scholarship is awarded to a student pursuing a Baccalaureate degree at a school with an active chapter of the Sigma Phi Alpha Dental Hygiene Honor Society.
The primary focus of the program is to provide financial assistance to dental hygiene students and dental hygienists who can demonstrate a commitment to further the discipline of dental hygiene through academic achievement, professional excellence, and a desire to improve the public's overall health.
The applications are available October 1 of each year; the deadline for Institute Scholarship applications is February 1. All students who meet the requirements listed under the “Eligibility” section of the website are encouraged to apply. Award recipients will be notified after July 1.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited dental hygiene program in the United States
- Completed a minimum of one year in a dental hygiene curriculum. Students entering their first year of dental hygiene school are not eligible; students may be in the process of completing their first year when application is submitted.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- A full-time student during the academic year for which you are applying (e.g. Fall 2013 – Spring 2014).
- Must be an active member or student member of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA).
- Graduate students must hold an active dental hygiene license and hold the minimum of a baccalaureate degree
Director of Scholarships
444 North Michigan Avenue
Suite # 3400
Chicago, IL 60611
Phone: (312) 440-8904