The Alpha Kappa Alpha Educational Advancement Foundation (EAF) provides funds to advance education in fulfillment of its mission: “To promote life long learning.” This is accomplished by securing charitable funds to award scholarships, fellowships and grants.
The Foundation is a source of support to Alpha Kappa Alpha members, and diverse beneficiaries without barriers on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability. Scholarship applications are available in November of each year. The only means to obtain an application is through the website.
This is a $1,000 award to undergraduate and graduate students who excel academically.
Merit Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for this one-year one-time only scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a full-time and currently enrolled undergraduate student with sophomore standing at an accredited campus-based degree-granting institution;
- Be a full-time and currently enrolled graduate student at an accredited campus-based degree-granting institution;
- Continuing a program of study in this or another degree-granting institution;
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement with a minimum GPA of 3.0 ("B" average);
- Have demonstrated community service and involvement.