Graduate fellowships of $3,000, $2,500, or $2,000, supported by endowment funds of the AACC International Foundation, and from annual contributions by companies and AACC Intl. divisions. Graduate awards are paid directly to the winners in September after AACC Intl. receives verification of registration for the fall semester or quarter from the appropriate department head.
In addition to these cash awards, fellowship winners will receive a certificate, presented at a local section meeting when possible, or on some other appropriate occasion arranged by the department head. When possible and appropriate, a representative of the donor will be invited to participate in the presentation.
Any graduate assistantship or fellowship to which the recipient would otherwise have been entitled shall be paid in the regular amount, and no diminution of it because of receiving an AACC International Fellowship shall be permitted.
Purpose of the Awards:
The purpose of the fellowship program is to encourage graduate research in grain-based food science and technology. Research in such disciplines as genetics, horticulture, nutrition, microbiology, biochemistry, engineering, or chemistry is not eligible unless it is directly related to the student's primary research program dealing with a grain-based food science and technology related areas.
The general eligibility requirements for applicants for all fellowships are:
- Applicants must be a current AACC International Student Division member.
- The candidate must be enrolled in graduate studies by the time the fellowship becomes effective, or be a current graduate student pursuing a course of study leading to an MS or a Ph.D. degree.
- The educational institution in which the recipient is enrolled must be conducting fundamental investigations for the advancement of cereal science and technology, including oilseeds.
- A fellowship recipient becomes ineligible for further payments when all requirements for the degree for which the fellowship was awarded have been completed, or if, during the tenure of the fellowship, the student discontinues or substantially changes the research program proposed in the fellowship application. It is the separate responsibility of both the student and the appropriate department head to notify the AACC International Foundation within thirty (30) days of any such change.
- The recipient must be enrolled in an academic schedule that meets the minimum requirements of the university involved, for full-time graduate study.
- Age, sex, race, financial need, or previous receipt or non-receipt of an AACC Intl. scholarship or fellowship are not conditions of eligibility for any award.
- The value or terms of any award are subject to change upon agreement with the donor.