Selected Professions Fellowships are awarded to women who intend to pursue a full-time course of study at accredited U.S. institutions during the fellowship year in one of the designated degree programs where women's participation traditionally has been low (see list below). Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Selected Professions Fellowships are awarded for the following programs:
- Architecture (M.Arch, M.S.Arch)
- Computer/Information Sciences (M.S.)
- Engineering (M.E., M.S.)
- Mathematics/Statistics (M.S.)
Fellowships in the following degree programs are restricted to women of color, who have been underrepresented in these fields:
- Business Administration (M.B.A.) – applicants may apply for 2nd year of study only
- Law (J.D.) – applicants may apply for 3rd year of study only
- Medicine (M.D., D.O.) – applicants may apply for 3rd or 4th year of study only
- African American
- Mexican American
- Native American
- Pacific Islanders
- Puerto Rican
Other RestrictionsSelected Professions Fellowships are not open to AAUW members.
This funding opportunity requires applicants to hold U.S. Citizenship.
301 ACT Drive
Iowa City, IA 52245