Dental Student Scholarship
The maximum annual award for the Dental Student Scholarship is $2,500.
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen (permanent resident status does not qualify);
- Applicants must be an entering second year student at the time of application and currently attending or enrolled at a dental school accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association;
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student, a minimum of 12 credit hours;
- Applicants must demonstrate a minimum financial need of $2,500;
- Applicants must have a minimum accumulative grade point average of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale;
- Two reference forms from two dental school representatives (i.e., professor or academic advisor) in support of the application must be submitted as part of the application form.
- Only schools accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association are eligible to participate in the ADA Foundation’s Scholarship Program;
- Students must contact the associate dean for student affairs/program director or financial aid officer at the school to request a scholarship application form as the forms are disbursed by school officials;
- The appropriate school officials should select its top two students as the ADA Foundation will only accept two applications from each school for each scholarship program to consider.
Other RestrictionsThe ADA Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals. All Requests for Applications are announced via their website. The Foundation gives grants to non-profit organizations only and does not give grants to individuals.
This funding opportunity requires applicants to hold U.S. Citizenship.
American Dental Association Foundation (ADA)
211 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611