All nine of the colleges of podiatric medicine offer scholarship, grant and loan programs to their students. For more information regarding these individual college programs, click on the links for each of the colleges found on the main careers page. The American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) also offers a scholarship program for students through the APMA Educational Foundation.
APMA Educational Foundation Scholarship Fund
The APMA Educational Foundation Fund is the only national funding resource devoted to students of podiatric medical education.
The APMA Educational Foundation gratefully thanks all of its Scholarship Benefactors. See who supports the Foundation's Scholarship Fund with named endowments.
- The Scholarship Fund awards scholarships to 3rd and 4th year students from the nine colleges of podiatric medicine.
- Annually, the Scholarship Fund assists approximately 190 students and this number is growing.
- Minimum level of scholarships support is $1,000.
- The Scholarship Fund distributes about $200,000 each year.
- The Scholarship Fund has distributed more than $1.2 million in scholarships dollars to nearly 1,000 students.
All 3rd and 4th year students from the nine colleges of podiatric medicine are eligible: Arizona Podiatric Medicine Program, Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences, California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Meritt College, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery-Des Moines University-Osteopathic Medical Center, Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine at the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science, New York College of Podiatric Medicine, Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine, and College of Podiatric Medicine at Western University of Health Sciences.
Candidates for Educational Foundation scholarships are selected by the College Scholarship and Student Loan Committee based on the following criteria:
- Financial Need
- Grade Point Average
- Podiatric Community Service/School
- Leadership Involvement
9312 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814-1621