The Association of Physician Assistants in Oncology (APAO) awards a $2,500 scholarship annually at its Membership Meeting. The winner is strongly encouraged to receive the scholarship in person at the conference.
Of the total amount of the award, $500 of the total scholarship is allotted for the recipient’s travel expense to the meeting; the other $2,000 is unrestricted. If the winner cannot travel to the meeting, the total amount awarded to the winner is $2,000 (with travel expenses deducted from the initial $2,500).
Candidates must meet all of the following criteria in order to be eligible:
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) member (or applicant)
- Physician assistant (PA) student enrolled in a ARC?PA?accredited program
- Clinical phase (completed basic science courses)
- Applicant has not previously received a PA foundation or other specialty organization scholarship
- Applicant has a strong interest in pursuing a career in the oncology field
- A clinical rotation in an oncology specialty is strongly encouraged but not required
- Applicant must not graduate before June of application year
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. If your program does not provide a numerical GPA (i.e. PASS/FAIL), the program must provide an explanation of the grading system.