To help nursing students currently studying to become a nurse, such as an LPN or RN, or to advance their education as a nurse via associate, bachelor, master, or doctoral degree programs, BrainTrack's Nursing Schools Scholarship offers a winning and second place award every semester. The scholarship essays submitted by entrants are designed to help others consider becoming a nurse or advancing their nursing education and career options.
The BrainTrack Scholarship for Nursing helps current students pay for their education. Entrants must respond to essay questions that are geared toward helping people evaluate nursing as a potential career path. BrainTrack will publish those essays which they determine to be most helpful to future students.
The scholarship is open only to students with at least one semester of credits towards graduation with an appropriate degree in nursing. Twice annually, one student award of $1,000 for the judged best entry and one of $500 for the second best entry will be made by BrainTrack. Entry deadlines are November 1 and March 1, with awards payable towards the student's then-current or following semester's tuition.
Scholarship winners will be selected based on the creativity, focus, overall thoughtfulness, accuracy, and practical value of their responses to essay questions. Determination of winners will be undertaken by a committee that includes independent judges familiar with nursing as well as BrainTrack staff.
- The scholarship competition is only open to enrolled students who have completed at least one semester of credits in a nursing degree program and are currently pursuing a degree. Students must be enrolled in one or more relevant courses at the time of the entry deadline. Students may be in either a full-time or part-time program. They may also be enrolled in an on-campus and/or online program.
- Scholarship winners will be notified by email and telephone, within 12 weeks following the entry deadline. All award payments are made to the school of the winner, toward the student's tuition.
- Each individual may submit only one scholarship competition entry to BrainTrack every 12 months.
- Entrant's school must be in the US and have accreditation recognized by the US Department of Education.
- The scholarship is open only to entrants who are US citizens, who have permanent resident status in the US, or who have an appropriate student visa in the US.
- The scholarship is only open to qualified entrants currently residing in the US, or US citizens or permanent residents living abroad currently enrolled in an online degree program with a qualified US-based school.
- By submitting a scholarship entry, each entrant agrees that his/her submission becomes the exclusive property of BrainTrack's publisher, FutureMeld LLC (“FutureMeld”), each entrant consents to FutureMeld to use their essay answers, school name, and degree status for promotional or other purposes, and each entrant retains no rights whatsoever in his/her submission materials.
- Entrants that are selected as finalists will be contacted by FutureMeld to provide one or more references from their school. FutureMeld will contact the reference(s) to verify an entrant's qualifications for the scholarship.
- With respect to non-winning entrants, FutureMeld will keep entrant’s identifying data (including the student's name, contact information, and references) private. Identifying data will not be used for any purpose other than this scholarship competition.
- Winning entrants will have their names published both on BrainTrack’s website and in print media. Winners, as a condition to the award of their scholarship, must agree to a brief telephone interview with a BrainTrack staff writer for publication as part of the winners' announcement.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this scholarship competition.
- BrainTrack reserves the right to change rules between scholarship competitions at its discretion and to make rule clarifications at any time as needed.
- Scholarship winners are responsible for all taxes or other impositions associated with their scholarship award.
- This scholarship competition is void where prohibited.
- This scholarship competition is not open to employees or contractors of BrainTrack or FutureMeld and the immediate family members of all such employees.
- Limitations of Liability/Reserved Rights: Neither Brain Track nor any of its affiliates shall have any obligation or responsibility with regard to (i) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with these rules, (ii) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer or technical error of any kind, (iii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or (iv) any damages or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize. Brain Track, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of its website or otherwise violating these rules. Brain Track further reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify this scholarship competition if it cannot be completed as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.