The American Respiratory Care Foundation and the National Board for Respiratory Care, together with its wholly owned subsidiary, Applied Measurement Professionals, Inc., awards up to $1,500 in memory of Gareth B. Gish, MS, RRT to a respiratory therapist pursuing postgraduate education leading to an advanced degree. The award consists of a certificate of recognition, airfare, one night lodging and registration for the AARC International Respiratory Congress. May also include a cash award up to $1,500.
The Gareth B. Gish award was established in 1999 in memory of Mr. Gish, who was a true pioneer of the profession. Mr. Gish made enormous contributions to our understanding of the science of respiratory care and mentored literally thousands of therapists throughout his career.
- Completed, signed, and notarized application.
- Must be a respiratory therapist who has at least a Baccalaureate degree with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or better on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent.
- Must provide proof of acceptance into an advanced degree program of a fully accredited school and proof applicant is a candidate for a degree.
- Must present three letters of reference attesting to the candidate’s character, academic ability, and professional commitment.
- Must submit an essay consisting of at least 1,200 words describing how the award will assist the applicant in reaching the objective of an advanced degree and the candidate's ultimate goals of leadership in health care.
As long as the minimum criteria are met, repeat awards may be considered by the ARCF Board of Trustees.
9425 North MacArthur Blvd, Suite 100
Irving, TX 75063-4706
Phone: (972) 243-2272
Fax: (972) 484-2720