APPLICATION DIRECTIONS - In order to apply for scholarship awards, applicants must be a member of the American Art Therapy Association. Awards are granted only to active *student members of the Association and those who have been accepted or are attending an American Art Therapy Association approved Graduate Art Therapy Program.
*One award (Pearlie Roberson Award) is open to both Student and Professional Member Applicants.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD LEVELS – Scholarships range from $900 up to $2,000 depending on the annual budget.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE, ALL APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- One (1) Application form indicating which scholarship(s) applicant is applying. One application is sufficient for all scholarships for which student is applying. The application is located in the members only section of the website.
- One (1) official academic transcript indicating most recent university enrollment (Transcripts must be sent to the Association directly from the respective University or by the applicant in an unopened, official University envelope that has been sealed by the University. Be sure that you allow sufficient time for the transcript request from your University. No exceptions to this policy will be permitted).
- Two (2) academic or work-related signed letters of recommendation.
- One (1) student financial information form. The form is located in the members only section of the website.
- One essay, limited to two (2) double spaced typed pages that includes a brief biography and a statement of how you see your role in the future as an art therapist.
- Documentation of acceptance or enrollment in an American Art Therapy Association approved art therapy program. This must be in the form of an acceptance letter or proof of enrollment in classes for the upcoming semester. (A list of approved programs may be found on the web site in the Career Center at http://www.arttherapy.org/aata-careercenter.html).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS (PLEASE READ):
- The applicant is responsible for sending the student financial information form (PDF 32KB) to the appropriate institutions. The applicant is responsible for ensuring all documents (application, *transcripts, *letters of recommendation, *financial aid form, essay, and school acceptance/attendance documentation) are received by the Association by the deadline. If possible, all documents should be included in one application packet and sent to: American Art Therapy Association, 225 North Fairfax Street ? Alexandria, VA 22314
- Please do not bind, staple or include extraneous information with your application.
*Official transcripts must be requested by the applicant and may be sent to the applicant for inclusion in the consolidated Application Packet sent to the Association in an unopened official University envelope that has been sealed by the University, or may be sent directly to the American Art Therapy Association Office by the school. Letters of recommendation must be requested by the applicant, signed by the letter writer and may be sent to the applicant for inclusion in the consolidated Application Packet, or sent directly to the Association by the letter writer. Financial information forms must be requested by the applicant and may be sent to the applicant or the Association by the school. Transcripts, Recommendation Letters and the financial information form are the only documents that may be sent separately from the Application Packet. However, if possible, the applicant should collect all documents and send as noted above as one packet.
If you have questions, email the National Office at email@example.com
- African American
- Alaskan Native
- American Indian
- Asian American
- Mexican American
- Native American
- Pacific Islanders
- Puerto Rican