The Orthotic and Prosthetic Educational and Development Fund offers the Chester Haddan Scholarship Program to provide grants to individuals who are pursuing an education in orthotics and prosthetics. Each year the program awards $1000 to a deserving O&P certificate program student.
- Student must be a full-time student in an accredited O&P certificate program;
- demonstrate financial need;
- display leadership qualities;
- contribute to their own education financially; and
- provide a recommendation from someone currently working within the orthotic and/or prosthetic profession.
Students may apply directly for the scholarship, or a professor may nominate them. To be considered for the award, students must submit a completed application (PDF), a letter of recommendation, a transcript, and a 200-word essay on why they want to work in O&P.
The award will be announced during the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists (recipient need not be present).
Chester Haddan Scholarship Fund
526 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314