Each year the Chicana Latina Foundation awards merit-based scholarships to Latina college students, valued at $1,500 dollars each. Purpose
The purpose of the Chicana/Latina Foundation Scholarship Fund is to assist Latina students in completing their undergraduate and graduate college education. These scholarships are available on a competitive basis to continuing undergraduate and graduate female college students of Latino background.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be eligible for the CLF Scholarship.
- Be a woman of Chicana/Latina heritage.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or community college in one of the following Northern California counties:
- Have lived at least two years in one of the above Northern California counties at the time of application
- Community College and Undergraduate students must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time college student (as defined by your institution*) when
applying and for the following academic year, and
- Have completed 12 college units after high school graduation, and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 of college course work
- Graduate students must:
- Be enrolled graduate/professional students completing course/thesis/dissertation;
or have been accepted into graduate/professional school, and
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for college course work
- Commit to attending the CLF Leadership Institute (one weekend in August after being selected and one weekend the following year in February)
- Commit to volunteering ten (10) hours for CLF before March the year after being selected
- Past CLF awardees may not re-apply until four years after receiving our scholarship
- Mexican American
- Puerto Rican