The Coalition for Nursing Careers in California is committed to achieving an adequate and diverse nursing workforce for the State of California.
The Coalition has been pleased to offer scholarships twice per year for students in accredited nursing programs across California.
The focus of this scholarship is to support nursing students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds, and those who are part of a group that is currently underrepresented in the nursing profession in California.
The $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to nursing students with demonstrated financial need who best exhibit one or more of the following attributes:
- Academic achievement
- Health care involvement
- Enthusiasm or passion for nursing
All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Not yet posses an RN license
- Currently attend an accredited Associate or Baccalaureate nursing degree program in California
- Plan to graduate no earlier than December 2007
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
- Income for 2006 must be no more than $50,000 per family member (total combined family income divided by number of family members)
Other RestrictionsCurrently attending an accredited Associate or baccalaureate nursing degree program in California, not yet posses an RN license
Coalition for Nursing Careers in California
1800 Harrison Street, 17th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612