Guidelines for Student Scholarship
- Consideration is given to residents of Colorado; or to those who have lived, worked or attended undergraduate college in Colorado. The Foundation anticipates that its scholarship recipients, upon completion of their medical education will practice in Colorado.
- No grants are awarded to first or second year medical students.
- A new application must be submitted for each academic year.
- At any time, the Foundation reserves the right to request additional materials, reference letters of support, and such information necessary to evaluate fully the student’s request.
Scholarship Application Procedures
The Foundation requests that the student complete an official application form. In addition, the following information is required:
- A copy of the most recent year’s Federal Tax return, and one year prior if filed.
- A written letter of reference from one of the following; the Academic Dean, a preceptor, a faculty member or a professional reference from a D.O.
- Medical school transcripts for year one and two, and a statement from the medical school registrar as to both rank in class and grade point average.
- Statement of intent to practice in Colorado.
- A credit report will be obtained on all applicants, with permission.
- Submit an essay, not more than one page double spaced about your role as a physician in community service.
- Not Applicable
This funding opportunity requires applicants to hold U.S. Citizenship.
Denver Osteopathic Foundation
3801 E. Florida Ave #635
Denver, CO 80210