Eligibility: RN's preparing to become advanced practice nurses or advanced practice nurses preparing for an advanced degree in nursing (MS or higher).
1. Must reside in Colorado
2. Must be accepted into an advanced practice program or an advanced degree nursing program.
3. Must have at least one reference from a nursing colleague, employer, or faculty member.
4. Must submit a statement with the application that addresses involvement with nursing activities and organizations as well as any other community service involvement.
5. Membership in the Colorado Society of Advanced Practice Nurses (DNA 30) of the Colorado Nurses' Association is not required; however CSAPN members will receive preference.
6. May be a previous scholarship recipient.
7. CSAPN reserves the right not to award the scholarship if it is determined that none of the applicants meet the criteria.
8. Scholarship recipients should submit a report 1 year after receiving to the Board of Directors summarizing how the scholarship funds were used.
Payable to: Check is payable to the student. Scholarship checks will be awarded at the September CSAPN meeting.
May be used for: Scholarship may be used for tuition, fees, books, instruments or any other expenses associated with the nurse's education.
DNA 30 MEMBER EDUCATIONAL GRANT
As of 2002 DNA 30 will award two educational grants of $500 each to members in good standing who would like to attend continuing medical education conferences related to advanced practice nursing. Requests for consideration for the grants are to be submitted to the scholarship committee. A copy of the program & a brief description of what the individual expects to achieve by attending the conference needs to be included with the request. It is expected that the recipient will present a brief synopsis of the convention highlights to the membership at the general meeting immediately following the conference.
Colorado Society of Advanced Practice Nurses (DNA 30) Colorado Nurses' Association
(DNA 30) Colorado Nurses' Association
Denver, CO 80250-0158