The Georgia Hospital Association Marjorie G. Hogan Memorial Nursing Faculty
Scholarship Program is funded from an endowment administered by the Georgia Hospital
Association Education and Research Foundation. The scholarship was established to
provide financial assistance to nursing students seeking an advanced degree that will
enable the recipient to be employed as Nursing Faculty in an educational
institution in the State of Georgia. An applicant should demonstrate commitment to
teaching upon graduation and may be asked to show proof of employment at a School of
Nursing in Georgia. The funds can be used to augment educational costs or living
To be considered for the scholarship under this Program, the applicant shall:
• Be a nurse registered and in good standing with the state board that licenses nursing in
the State of Georgia;
• Be a legal resident of Georgia for at least 12 months prior to the term for which you are
• Be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien who meets the definition of an
eligible noncitizen under Federal Title IV requirements;
• Be admitted into a graduate school of nursing or other applicable program in an
educational institution in the State of Georgia. The educational institution must be
qualified to prepare the recipient to be employed as a member of nursing faculty at an
educational institution whose students will qualify to be Registered Nurse (RN) through
completing an Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Nursing.
• Be admitted fully into the Educational Program Provisional or conditional acceptance
will not qualify a student to be a scholarship recipient.
• Preference will be given to applicants taking more than 4 credit hours of classes or
• Applicant should demonstrate commitment to teaching upon graduation.
• Submit an acceptable Level 1* Criminal Background Check if selected as a finalist.
To maintain eligibility, scholarship recipients must maintain satisfactory academic
progress in their program of study and must not have a one-year break in enrollment.
Recipients must maintain at least 4 hour credit hours of classes.
Applications are available at http://www.gha.org/Keyissues/Education.html