The Helen A. Smith Memorial Fund was established by the members of the Idaho Nurses Association, District 31, in 1958 as a memorial to Helen A. Smith in recognition of her devotion and contribution to nursing care and education during her lifetime.
Purpose: To provide loans to registered nurses for study in programs related to nursing.
Criteria for granting loans: Applicant must:
- Be a registered nurse in the state of Idaho.
- Be a current member of INA District 31.
- Demonstrate active participation or willingness to actively participate in INA and/or District 31, i.e., committees, offices, attendance at meetings.
- Be continuing his/her education related to nursing.
- Be accepted into an educational program.
- Need financial assistance in order to continue education.
Amount of loans: Up to $500. A check in the total amount requested will be presented to the applicant upon approval of the INF Board. Persons to whom loans are granted are required to sign a promissory note, a copy of which will be given to them for their files.
Basis of repayment: Loans will be repaid as stipulated in the promissory note and/or conditions and terms of the loan, and may be repaid in full at any time during the contract.
Application Forms: Applications for loans should be submitted at least two months prior to the date the loan is needed.
Helen A. Smith Loan Fund
200 N. Fourth Street, Ste 20
Boise, ID 83702