- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited university, college or other similar institution and pursuing a nursing designation.Only applicants who will be entering the second (or greater) year in their respective course of study will be considered.
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Applicants who have their educational costs met by a sponsoring agency (e.g., clinic, hospital, community) may not apply.
- While current residence in Iowa is preferred, non-Iowa residents attending an Iowa school or Iowa residents attending a non-Iowa school will also be considered.
- Applicants must agree in writing to practice in a rural community, with preference given to such communities that are also designated as Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) by the federal government and the Iowa governor’s office.
• IFBF Nursing Forgivable Loan Application;
• Copy of most recent academic transcript;
• 1,000 word essay (typed); and
• Two letters of recommendation. The letters of recommendation may be submitted under
separate cover, but must be received by the stated deadline. Your name and the program
you are applying for should be indicated in the letter.
- Not Applicable
This funding opportunity requires applicants to hold U.S. Citizenship.
Iowa Farm Bureau Nursing Education Forgivable Loan Program
Iowa College Student Aid Commission
200 – 10th Street, Fourth Floor
Des Moines, IA 50309-3609