To be eligible for consideration an applicant shall:
- Be a senior in a secondary school.
- Have established an overall minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (based on a maximum of 4.0) or its equivalent by the time of application.
- Applied to a university offering an athletic training education program providing eligibility to sit for the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification examination upon matriculation.
- Be sponsored by an athletic trainer who is a current member of the National Athletic Trainers' Association and is practicing within its state athletic training statutes if applicable.
- Have accumulated a minimum of 200 hours of volunteering and observing in a secondary school athletic training room setting under the direct supervision of their sponsoring athletic trainer.
- Have established his/her intention to continue academic work to the baccalaureate degree level as a full-time undergraduate athletic training student.
The winner of the Jack Cramer Scholarship will receive:
- $2,000 scholarship
- Two round trip flights for the winner and one parent/guardian to attend NATA Clinical Symposia & AT Expo
- One night hotel during NATA Clinical Sympoisa & AT Expo
- Student registration to NATA Clinical Symposia & AT Expo: registration allows the winning student to attend all student-related events and educational sessions. The winner will also be formally recognized during the Secondary School session at convention.
Additionally, the supervising athletic trainer of the Jack Cramer Scholarship winner will receive a gift from Cramer Products as a token of appreciation to your dedication to educating young people about athletic training.