Health Professional Loan Repayment is the repayment of outstanding educational loans in exchange for providing primary health care services in areas of need in Missouri. Minimum two-year contract required. The Department provides loan repayment to the following:
- registered and advanced practice nurses
- primary care physicians
- primary care dentists
- licensed clinical social workers
- licensed professional counselors
Maximum loan repayment amounts:
- $25,000 per year for primary care physicians, dentists, psychiatrists, and psychologists.
- $10,000 per year for primary care advanced practice nurses, licensed professional counselors and licensed clinical social workers.
- $5,000 per year for primary care registered nurses and dietitians/nutritionists.
The following are for primary care practitioners only:
- Must provide services to MO HealthNet patients.
- Must enter into an appropriate agreement with the state Children's Health Insurance Program to provide service to children under Title XXI.
- Must provide a sliding fee scale for the uninsured. This scale must be posted in a public area.
Each application will be scored using the criteria listed below:
- Completed applications with applicable attachments included. Incomplete applications will not be scored.
- Application period is January 1 through June 30. Applications must be postmarked no later than June 30.
- Qualifying employment in a rural or underserved area of need.
- Must be employed on a full-time basis.
- No existing service contract (e.g. PRIMO obligation, Missouri Practical Nursing Program).
- Utilize and publicly post a sliding-fee schedule.
- Accept Medicaid and MC+ patients.
- Submit annually an aggregate payer source report that demonstrates they serve medically-underserved populations.
- Positive employer recommendation.
OFFICE OF PRIMARYCARE AND RURALHEALTH
P.O. BOX 570
JEFFERSON CITY, MO 65102-0570