This program provides recognition and financial support to students majoring in a needed medical dicipline in an effort to attract and retain outstanding clinicians in Montana.
Loans are available to students beginning the first semester of their sophomore year for a two year program or the first semester of their senior year for a four year program through the final semester of their nursing program. Upon graduation, those who have received the loan are expected to accept offered full time employment* at a Montana Health Network (MHN) loan participating facility**.
Eligibility to Apply
- Students must be entering at minimum their first semester sophomore year of a two year program or their first semester senior year of a Baccalaureate Program.
- Students must show proof of enrollment in an approved clinical program. Baccalaureate students must also provide proof of placement into upper division
- Students must submit an official transcript of studies showing a current GPA of 2.5 or greater.
- Recipients will receive $2,000 (up to $4,000 total), paid directly to their school each semester. Loans are intended to be applied towards tuition and school supplies. Financial need is not a criterion for loan approval.
- Prior to initial funding and following each completed semester, recipients must submit an official transcript demonstrating a current GPA of 2.5 or greater.
- Recipients who fail to maintain satisfactory academic progress must return any remaining part of their loan immediately.
- Recipients who discontinue their employment with a MHN participating facility prior to completing their expected term of employment are expected to return the corresponding amount of funds immediately. (Example: An individual who works half of the agreed upon term must return half of the funding.)
11 SOUTH 7TH STREET, SUITE 241
MILES CITY, MT 59301
Phone: (406) 234-1420
Fax: (406) 234-1423