This program is an incentive for primary care providers working in Health Profession Shortage Areas.
SLRP is a minimum two-year service obligation with the option to continue 1-2 years beyond the initial obligation. SLRP applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. There are no application deadlines. Please scroll to the bottom of this page for candidate and site applications.
SLRP Application Process
Confirm candidate eligibility. SLRP candidates must be US citizens, working in a HPSA designated service site, providing services in primary care as:
- Allopathic or Osteopathic Physicians specializing in Family Medicine, General Pediatrics, General Internal Medicine, Gerontology, General Psychiatry or Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioners
- Primary Care Physician Assistants
- Certified Nurse-Midwives
- Dentists (DMD/DDS)
- Dental Hygienists
- Licensed Mental Health or Behavioral Health Professionals: Clinical or Counseling Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, or Psychiatric Nurse Specialists
- Registered Nurses
Confirm service site eligibility. Sites must be:
- non-profit (public or private)
- located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA). Visit the HPSA website to confirm eligibility
- willing to provide 50% of the total loan repayment award plus a 10% administrative fee.
Confirm loan eligibility. Review FAQs about SLRP. Calculate your maximum SLRP award. With Oregon SLRP, candidates are eligible for loan repayment of up to $35,000 per year (or 25% of your total qualifying debt, whichever is the smaller amount), disbursed every six months during your two year obligation.
Your award will depend on your total qualifying loan debt and matching contribution. You& must secure a 1:1 match (plus an admin fee of 10%). Please contact our office for an estimate of your potential SLRP award. Be prepared to negotiate with your site. If your site is unable to contribute the maximum match, they can choose to participate at a lesser amount. The maximum match is $35,000 plus $7,000 admin fee. The minimum site match is $5,000 plus $1,000 admin fee. Extend your commitment. If you have completed your initial two year SLRP obligation and you are interested in continuing, you may be eligible for an extension. Contact our office for options to extend.