Funded by a grant from the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), the MFP has created the Predoctoral MHSAS fellowship to support the training of practitioners in behavioral health services and prevention. This fellowship program is designed for students in clinical, counseling and school psychology, and other psychology doctoral students whose training prepares them for careers in behavioral health services.
MHSAS Policy Fellowship: Applicants who have experience or an interest in behavioral health public policy may request to be considered for the Policy Fellowship on the online application. Fellows on this track will have an opportunity for a paid summer internship at SAMHSA. Please refer to the application instructions (PDF, 105KB) for more information.
- Financial support — three years maximum. This must be renewed annually, and is not available during internship.
- Travel support (limited availability)
- Potential dissertation support (limited availability)
- Ancillary training opportunities and enrichment experiences
- Assistance with internship application process
- Access to information and resources
- Lifetime network of professional association with psychologists and other professionals focused on ethnic minority behavioral health issues