The Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions sponsors a scholarship program for allied health students enrolled in its member schools. The purpose of the scholarship program is to recognize outstanding students in the allied health professions who are achieving excellence in their academic programs and have significant potential to assume future leadership roles in the allied health professions. The selected student will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
The following criteria must be met to be eligible to receive an ASAHP scholarship:
- Candidates must be enrolled in a college or school that is an institutional member of the Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions.
- Candidates must have successfully completed at least one term (quarter, semester, trimester, etc.) at that institution.
- Candidates may be enrolled in any health discipline except those in the MOD-VOP group.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a career entry-level, degree-granting program; all degree levels are eligible (associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral).
- Financial need is not a criterion for eligibility.
- A composite of qualities will be used to determine winners; unique accomplishments are important considerations in selecting winners. Among the qualities that will be recognized are academic achievements, service to the institution and the community, leadership, extracurricular activities, and evidence of strong communication skills.
This funding opportunity requires applicants to hold U.S. Citizenship.