This $5,000 scholarship is for minorities underrepresented in Texas medical schools and the state’s physician workforce.
- Applicants must be African American, Hispanic/Latino, or Native American
- Students already attending medical school are not eligible
- Must be an incoming freshman at the school awarding the loan
- One scholarship annually per Texas medical school
- Must complete an application
- Provide a letter of acceptance
- Write an essay, not to exceed 750 words, explaining how as a physician you would “improve the health of all Texans”
- Fundraising efforts handled by TMA Foundation
- The scholarship presentation takes place at TMA's TexMed Conference. Visit the Calendar for dates.
- For information about this year's recipients, visit www.texmed.org.