Under the terms established for this award, APHA will recognize a young health professional or student, who demonstrates potential in the health field (broadly defined) by challenging traditional public health policy or practice in a creative and positive manner. Neither academic credentials nor grades will be a factor in selecting the awardee.
Nature of the Award
The award will be presented at the APHA Annual Meeting and Exposition (see website for details). The award consists of a plaque and a $500 honorarium. The recipient will also receive coach roundtrip airfare, one day lodging and complimentary meeting registration.
For all APHA awards, the nominator is responsible for submitting an award nomination packet by the designated deadline. The nomination packet is to include the following items below:
· Nominees must be 30 or younger on the nomination due date, please include birth date on form.
· Complete nomination form.
· Include nominee’s full curriculum vitae or a detailed resume.
· Include a letter from the nominator describing the most important achievements of the nominee and explaining why the nominee meets the criteria for the award.
· All supporting letters must have to be signed by the author. Emailed letters must contain an electronic signature. If supporting letters are to be sent separately, the nominator should advise APHA staff that they will be forthcoming by the deadline.
· Incomplete nominations will be returned to the nominator for correction and must be returned by the deadline.
For ease of duplication, nominations should not be sent in notebooks, binders or folders. Nominations submitted via email must be received by deadline date and be sent to email@example.com. Nominations sent via the U.S. Postal Service or other carrier by first class mail should be postmarked by the deadline date and sent to the address below.
· The Jay S. Drotman Memorial Award Judging Panel will review all nominations and select the award winner.
· Public announcement of the award winner will be published in the October issue of The Nation’s Health.
Jay S. Drotman Memorial Award Judging Panel
800 I Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Fax: (202) 777-2532