The Future Leaders Award, sponsored by Walmart Stores, Inc. was established in 1998 as a
career development opportunity for pharmacy students. This experience will provide new skills, a
broader view of the operations of Walmart, and a scholarship. Five SNPhA Regional winners will be
selected, as well as one National Winner.
- Qualified applicants will have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Each applicant should be an active member of SNPhA for consideration.
- Applicants will submit a resume (detailing experience and activities), and a one-page essay on “The Importance of a Community Pharmacist.”
- Applicants are requested to submit two letters of recommendation: one from a teacher/faculty member. The other can be from an employer or someone else familiar with your character. Please do not submit commendations from family members. Both letters of recommendation will be required for consideration.
- Students entering their final year of pharmacy school are not eligible.
- Submit typed applications to the national headquarters by January 31st.
Regional Scholarship Recipients – Five (5) $2,000 scholarships
- Fifteen applicants (3 per SNPhA region) will be chosen by SNPhA National Office
- Five finalists (1 per SNPhA region) will be chosen by Walmart
- Recipients will have the option to fulfill a store-level internship for one summer
- Recipients will be eligible for the National Scholarship and are requested to attend the SNPhA National Convention for interviews
- National Scholarship Recipient – One (1) $10,000 scholarship
- Recipient will be awarded two installments of $5,000
- Recipient will be selected and announced at the SNPhA National Convention
Other RestrictionsMust be an active member of SNPhA and cannot be enrolled in their final year of pharmacy school.
This funding opportunity requires applicants to hold U.S. Citizenship.
PO Box 761388
San Antonio, TX 78245-1388