The NCPA Foundation Willard B. Simmons Sr. Memorial Scholarship will be made on the basis of the following priorities
- Demonstrated Interest Independent Pharmacy Management: The applicant must provide a separate one page description of his or her demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy management and entrepreneurism. These qualities will be measured by the required supporting documents.
- Leadership Qualities: Potential candidates will be evaluated by the NCPA Foundation Scholarship Committee on the basis of leadership qualities and accomplishments with a demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy, as well as involvement in extracurricular activities. These qualities will be measured by the required supporting documents.
- Academic Achievement: Scholastic success is a necessary condition for consideration of the award and will be measured using current college transcripts.
All pharmacy students who are NCPA student members are eligible to apply for ONE of the NCPA Foundation Scholarships per academic year. The student must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. school or college of pharmacy on a full-time basis during the academic term that the scholarship is awarded. Note: Students may only receive this award one time.
Children of NCPA Foundation Officers, NCPA Officers, or NCPA Executive Committee members are not eligible to participate in the program.
Each applicant must complete an NCPA Foundation Scholarship Application Form. In addition, the student must provide the following materials with the completed application:
- A copy of the most recent transcript of his or her college grades.
- A letter from a school official familiar with the student’s activities. This letter should briefly describe the student’s extracurricular accomplishments, leadership qualities, and contributions to the school.
- A letter from a pharmacy owner or manager, preferably an NCPA member. This letter should briefly describe the student’s extracurricular accomplishments, leadership qualities, contributions to the profession of pharmacy and pharmacist’s knowledge of applicant’s interest in independent pharmacy as a career.
- A letter from the applicant to the NCPA Foundation Scholarship Committee outlining his or her school and civic accomplishments and objectives for the future. Must provide a separate one-page description of his or her demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy management and entrepreneurism and how his or her career objectives will lead to a position in independent pharmacy practice.
- A resume or curriculum vitae describing the student’s work and professional experience.
This funding opportunity requires applicants to hold U.S. Citizenship.
NCPA Foundation Scholarship Committee
100 Daingerfield Road
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: (703) 683-8200
Fax: (703) 683-3619