The American Respiratory Care Foundation and the National Board for Respiratory Care, together with its wholly owned subsidiary, Applied Measurement Professionals, Inc. may award up to $2,500 annually to a second-year student enrolled in an accredited respiratory therapy program leading to an Associate degree. Interested applicants may apply directly or be nominated by the school or educational program. This award consists of a certificate of recognition, one night lodging and registration for the AARC International Respiratory Congress.
- Completed application form.
- Letter from director of admissions verifying enrollment in an accredited Associate Degree respiratory care educational program.
- An original referenced paper on some aspect of respiratory care. The paper should include a cover page giving only the title of the paper. The paper should be devoid of any information such as the applicant’s name, address, or school that could provide a bias in the evaluation.
- An original essay of at least 1,200 words describing how this award will assist the applicant in reaching the objective of a degree and the candidate’s ultimate goals of leadership in health care. The paper should include a cover page with the author’s name, address and phone number. The body of the paper should be devoid of any information such as applicant’s name, address, or school that could provide a bias in the evaluation.
- Letters of recommendation from the program director or other senior faculty member and from the medical director or other physician instructor attesting to: a) approval of candidate’s paper, b) candidate’s worthiness for the award, and c) candidate’s potential for a career in the profession of respiratory care.
Other RestrictionsStudent must be enrolled full-time at a CAAHEP approved school of respiratory therapy.
11030 Ables Lane
Dallas, TX 75229